Thursday, August 30, 2007

back to school


It was the first day of school yesterday. My baby is now in 2nd grade. How time flies! She's had a fun summer this year with art camp, swimming lessons, trips to Six Flags Discovery Kingdom, Great America, Monterey and Napa and hanging out with family and friends. She finished her required reading list for school but I guess the highlight of her summer was watching High School Musical 2! You know how kids are these days.

Now it's back to sleeping around 8:30pm so she won't have a hard time waking up in the morning. She was so excited to be back in school with all her friends. The night before, she expertly laid out her uniform and hung it behind her bedroom door. She checked her supplies to make sure she had everything she needed. She did all these without me telling her to.

I dropped her off in school at around 7:40am. This time there were no more damp eyes for me. I guess the tears are now reserved for my other baby who'll be starting preschool next year. Anyway....It was a short day and I had to pick her up at 11:00am. She was a little disappointed they did not learn anything the first day but was happy to report that they each got a cool desk that opens to reveal a storage space for their supplies.

Check out these photos from her 1st day in school.....

No comments: