Monday, August 6, 2007

book, movies, etc.


Whew! Finally, I finished the last installment of the Harry Potter books. I still have a few questions, though but I'm not about to ask them here. I know some of my friends haven't even started reading it yet. Don't want to spoil it for them.

Next on my reading list is The Namesake by Jhumpa Lahiri while I'm waiting to get my hands on Stephenie Meyer's new book, Eclipse. Eversince I read Meyer's first book, I have been fascinated with vampires and werewolves. I watched the movie Blood and Chocolate one very late evening. Usually, if I start watching a movie late at night, I would end up dozing off. But for some reason I was able to keep my eyes open till the end credits. I didn't know what to expect when I rented this movie. Didn't have much of a choice when I was at the video store. I just knew it was about werewolves. Kyo was even asking why I got this movie. Turns out he enjoyed it too. "'Di nakaka-antok" is what he said. I just might watch The Lost Boys while I'm on the vampire and werewolves fascination streak.

We were at the library yesterday. Our local library has quite a number of Filipino books and DVDs. I haven't watched a Tagalog movie in a long time. So just for kicks I borrowed a few titles. For some reason I found a lot of Tagalog DVDs on the shelf. I got so excited that I borrowed 5 movies. I could have borrowed everthing if not for the restriction of only 5 DVDs at a time can be taken out. Upon arriving home, I settled comfortably on the couch and popped in the first movie...Mano Po 4, Ako Legal Wife. Followed by Let the Love Begin and finally, Bcuz of U. As usual panay lang kami tawa ng tawa kahit na drama scenes na. Corny mga dialogue....o sya sige....aaminin ko na....may mga kilig moments din. One thing I noticed, especially dun sa mga trailers ng Pinoy fantasy movies, di pa rin maayos ang mga computer generated images. Hay ano ba yan! Wala pa rin pagbabago....mga cellphone parating updated pero sa paggawa ng movies.....hmmmm.....

No comments: